Quick Guide to Recent History
Imagine a time when it all began
In the dying days of a war
At the Chaos End of Things
- Oberon orders his children to march to Chaos and "contain them"
while he redraws the Pattern.
- Amber's armies arrive at Chaos's front door.
- With the shadow storm on the way, Amber defeats the forces of
Chaos, primarily compased of Hendrakes and Helgrams. Brand
drags Deirdre to their deaths.
- Unicorn rescues the Jewel. Random is choosen to be king.
- Amber's armies enter the citadel (ie the city) to shelter the
storm. Chaos is occupied.
- Random, Merlin, and Corwin face the shadow storm.
- The King of Chaos is assassinated.
- Random trumps Gerard, enters Chaos proper.
- House Hendrake makes truce with Random. Other houses seem to
honor it, for now...
At the Amber End of Things
- Oberon redraws the Pattern. The effort kills him.
- When it becomes apparent it may be a while, Gerard steps in as
regent. Younger Amberites are drafted to fill their elders'
- Two years in, one of the Golden Circle shadows, allied with the
leftovers of the Chaos army (that attacked way back in
Guns of Avalon), sneak attack Amber. The resulting
war is drawn out and painful.
- In the seventh year, lingering hostilities and ambitions
bolstered by Amber's relative weakness leads to a Golden Circle
- In the ninth year, Random is crowned king of Amber; a terrorist
group, apparently from Chaos, turns the coronation ceremony into
A More Leisurely View of the Wars in Amber
It all started with the Black Road invasion of Amber. Amber won that,
yes, but the forces of Chaos were not utterly destroyed. Instead, they
drew back and regrouped. Before they could make a second attack, Oberon
redrew the Pattern, and everything changed.
This was a bad thing from their point of view. The Black Road was a
reflection of the damage to the Pattern; Oberon's work destroyed it.
Logrus isn't much for transporting troops, and the disruption to shadow
effectively blocked trump. So there they were, a large force of Chaos
stranded in shadow near Amber, cut off from home.
So they made the best of a bad situation.
First Circle War
Have comments, questions, suggestions, proposals, flames, character
proposals? Send e-mail to Sol Foster:
Or return to Sol's New Campaign.